About ACR Builders, Inc.
ACR Builders, Inc. is a general contracting company founded in July 2010 by a select group of individuals with a high level of construction experience. The firm specializes in tenant improvements for national clients, retail market facilities, commercial properties, and local government projects. ACR Builders’ primary goal of meeting customers’ construction needs through quality workmanship and successful relationships with owner management teams is evidenced by our expanding base of repeat clients.
Michele Richardson serves as CEO. Steve Richardson serves as President. Steve and Michele have a combined 55 years of industry experience – with Steve having over 35 years of General Contracting experience running ACR Builders as well as the operations of another medium sized general contracting firm.
How We Work
ACR Builders currently offers construction services in the Greater Southern California area, including pre-construction services, job site and project management, administrative support, and document control. ACR Builders evaluates projects for constructability, provides cost estimates, helps maintain project scheduling, and works with owners to meet quality and time objectives. ACR Builders can suggest cost effective means of construction and help select the best subcontractors for each project.
Once a project has begun, ACR Builders maintains full-time supervision with superintendents who are responsible for all daily logs, reviewing quality and timeliness of subcontractors, conducting safety meetings, and maintaining good communication with the owner.
Some Notable Projects and Clients
Our management and key personnel have extensive retail and commercial construction experience, including the following notable projects and clients:
- Whole Foods – Glendale, CA (interior remodel of an open and occupied store).
- Long Beach Exchange – Long Beach, CA (50-acre site with site, shell, and interior build-outs)
- Retail pad A building – 4,000 SF fast food drive thru cold dark shell with site improvements
- Nordstrom Rack – 32,000 SF tenant improvement
- Hangar Building restaurants and shops – Interior buildout of 15 “pop up” style restaurants including the core improvements (bathrooms, MEP, etc)
- Nordstrom and Nordstrom Racks – (various locations throughout CA)
- Nordstrom Racks – Noteable stores include Oxnard, Chino, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Laguna Hills, Costa Mesa, Lakewood, Riverside, Huntington Beach, Redlands, Bakersfield, San Marcos, Tustin, El Segundo, Downtown LA, and Mission Valley).
- Nordstrom (Full Line Stores) – Over 200 in store remodels throughout all of the Southern California stores.
- Target – Over 30 in-store nationwide roll out project as well as full store /addition remodel projects throughout California.
- Bed Bath & Beyond – Pasadena, CA (new store) and in-store remodels in Valencia and Mission Viejo.
- Panattoni Corporate Offices – Irvine, CA – 18,000 SF tenant improvement from a cold dark shell. This project included start of the art video, communications, equipment, and finishes
- Glaukos Corporate Offices Shell and Site Improvements – Aliso Viejo, CA – 20 Acre site ADA renovations and replacement of HVAC roof top units for 3 buildings totaling 160,000 SF
- North Hollywood Commons – North Hollywood, CA (4-acre site with an 86,000 sq.ft masonry and steel retail center in the heart of the NOHO District).
- Hollywood and Highland Facade Renovation – Hollywood, CA (A complete exterior renovation (site and building) of an existing 4 story 300 unit apartment complex
- The Shops at Montebello – Montebello, CA
- H & M Shell building – A 2 story addition to the mall to provide a shell condition for a 32,000 SF tenant space for H & M
- Food court Renovation – exterior addition of a new patio eating area and LED interactive signage as well as interior restroom renovations and food court modifications
How We’re Unique
ACR Builders continues to specialize in serving nationally known retailers. Our company utilizes the most current technology , which enables us to not only provide competitive pricing but also to effectively monitor existing projects. For example, through the use of a digital media, webcam, and Procore photo albums, ACR Builders’ clients can monitor the progress of their project daily, allowing customers to constantly remain in touch with their projects.
ACR Builders, Inc has been certified as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) by the Women’s Business Enterprise Council-West in partnership with WBENC, and a certified Small Business Enterprise (SBE) with the state of California. Michele Richardson, CEO of ACR Builders, Inc., is a member of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO).